Ages 6-12 will learn how to sew while making real clothing and accessories. New Fall Projects.
To read more about our COVID safety precautions please see below. For dates and details, click the details tab above.
Our Fashion Design and Sewing classes for children and tweens 6-12 years old combines all the elements of fashion such as measuring, cutting fabric, using patterns and sewing machines into one fabulous course!
Class begins with an introduction on how to use a sewing machine (our machines are equipped with speed control and finger guards for a safe and fun environment) and students begin their first project during class number one. Throughout the course they learn how to thread the sewing machine, properly cut fabric and use child-friendly patterns to make 2-3 fashionable items during their class.
Each child works with our professional instructors, on their own project at their own pace. Our student/teacher ratio is 6:1 and our studio has ten sewing machines for a class of ten students.
Projects progress in difficulty to build your child's sewing skills and projects change each season so that students can continue to sew with us. We focus on trendy pieces that can be worn by the 'lil designers themselves such as handbags, tops, skirts, pants and dresses.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
We will be following New York State guidelines along with the CDC and local officials guidelines and recommendations with respect to social distancing and capacity limits. This information is subject to change.
- Sewing machine desks will be spaced 3 feet apart, we are using our entire studio to accommodate a small group of ten students.
- Students will have dedicated supplies and sewing machine, this means their own scissors, pins, sewing, and drawing supplies that will not be shared by other students in their class.
- We will continue to sanitize our studio, bathrooms, supplies, and sewing machines before and after each class.
- Classes are drop off only. In order to maintain social distancing our waiting areas are now part of the classroom. Parents may not wait in the studio during class time.
- All staff, students, and parents/guardians are required to wear face masks in our studio at this time.
- Due to the shorter season, We can accommodate one make-up class per student.
- Sadly, we will be unable to hold a fashion show at the end of the season.
We cannot thank you enough for giving us your business and placing your child in our care!
Questions? Please see our sewing class FAQ's
- The Fashion Class Midtown: 21 W 39th Street 4th Floor NYC
- September 11th - October 29th 2021
- 1.5 hour classes
- Price $450
- Ages 6-12yrs
- All Supplies Included
Classes meet once per week for 7 weeks. Fall 2021 class options are:
- Saturdays 7 classes: 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23
- Sundays 7 classes: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24
- Tuesdays 7 classes: 9/14, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26
- Wednesdays 7 classes: 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27
- Thursdays 6 classes: 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28
No Class on: 9/16 Yom Kippur and 10/11 Columbus Day/Indigenous People’s Day
Please note The Fashion Class requires a waiver form to be signed for all participants under eighteen years of age by their parent or guardian prior to attending a class, camp or workshop at The Fashion Class.
As a small business, we take our registration policies seriously. Please click through to our policies page
where you can easily find your child's activity and our registration guidelines for that activity. By registering your child you are agreeing to our registration policies.