Ages 7-12 will learn how to sew while making real clothing and accessories. New Projects for our Late Spring 2023 season starting April 15th!
Our Fashion Design and Sewing class for kids combines all the elements of design such as measuring, cutting fabric, using patterns and sewing machines into one fabulous course!
Classes will take place in our studio located at 307 East 84th Street for 90 minutes for 7-8 weeks. This season we will be making a messenger bag, a fit 'n flare dress, and a scarf scrunchie.
We're thrilled to bring back our end of season fashion shows! Your child's show will be immediately following their last class the week of June 5-11th. Due to the longer season, students are able to schedule two make-up dates with us during the season. All supplies are included.
UES studio at 307 East 84th Street
April 15th - June 11th
1.5 hour classes
Price $485-$550 for a 7-8 week course
All Supplies Included!
Class ends with a fashion show
We're also offering an advanced sewing class for students ages 10-12 who've completed at least two seasons with us and a Little Designer's Class for 5-6 yr olds.
Summer Camp begins June 12th if interested!
Class begins with an introduction on how to use a sewing machine, our machines are equipped with speed control and finger guards for a safe and fun environment. Students begin their first project during their first class. Throughout the course they learn how to thread the sewing machine, properly cut fabric, and use child-friendly patterns to make 2-3 fashionable items during their class.
Each child works with our professional instructors, on their own project at their own pace. Our student/teacher ratio is 6:1 and our studio has ten sewing machines for a class of ten students.
Projects progress in difficulty to build your child's sewing skills and projects change each season so that students can continue to sew with us. We focus on trendy pieces that can be worn by the 'lil designers themselves such as handbags, tops, skirts, pants and dresses.
Need a private class for your group? We now have a separate classroom for private groups (sewing or fashion illustration) after school!
Classes meet once per week for 7-8 weeks. Late Spring season 2023 class options are:
- Sat 8 classes 4/15-6/10 (no class 5/27)
- Sun 7 classes 4/16-6/11 (no class 5/14 & 5/28)
- Mon 7 classes 4/17-6/5 (no class 5/29)
- Tues 8 classes 4/18-6/6 (no break)
- Wed 8 classes 4/19-6/7 (no break)
- Thurs 8 classes 4/20-6/8 (no break)
- Fri 7 classes 4/21-6/9 (no class 5/26)
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
We will be following New York State guidelines along with the CDC and local officials guidelines and recommendations with respect to social distancing and capacity limits. This information is subject to change.
- Sewing machine desks will be spaced 3 feet apart, we are using our entire studio to accommodate a group of ten students.
- Students will have dedicated supplies and sewing machine, this means their own scissors, pins, sewing, and drawing supplies that will not be shared by other students in their class.
- We will continue to sanitize our studio, bathroom, supplies, and sewing machines before and after each class.
- Sadly, we will be unable to hold a fashion show at the end of the season.
- Masks are no longer required in our studio.
We cannot thank you enough for giving us your business and placing your child in our care!
Questions? Please see our sewing class FAQ's
Please note The Fashion Class requires a waiver form to be signed for all participants under eighteen years of age by their parent or guardian prior to attending a class, camp or workshop at The Fashion Class.
As a small business, we take our registration policies seriously. Please click through to our policies page
where you can easily find your child's activity and our registration guidelines for that activity. By registering your child you are agreeing to our registration policies.